Job Title: Senior Claims Specialist
Summary Independently and pro-actively manages the casualty and professional liability claims for assigned large and mid-market commercial clients. Heavy concentration on construction, real estate and habitational accounts. Monitors and reviews all new claims for designated clients and establishes a plan of action to achieve a favorable claim resolution. Attends and facilitates client meetings and claim reviews. Reviews claim status and reserves in consideration of client costs. Negotiates for changes in reserves for a positive client outcome. Provides status reports to clients and keeps Producers, Account Executives and Claims Manager informed. Advocates, consults and provides coverage advice to clients as appropriate. Actively researches and obtains claims data from carriers and challenges adjusters as warranted, while advocating the best possible outcome for clients in accordance with service standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles standard as well as challenging and complex claims issues.
- Investigates coverage questions and problems.
- Works closely with clients, account executives, producers, managers and insurance carriers.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely fashion following established guidelines.
- Operates independently and can service demanding clients who expect prompt attention.
- Has a solid understanding of claims processing and the insurance brokerage business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or better
- 5 or more years related professional claims experience
-Prior experience working for insurance broker or agency.
-Claims / Insurance designation(s)