Responsible for providing marketing and analytical support to the field and clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide marketing and proposal support for Torrance Service Team and handle complex benefit program marketing including the Keenan private label programs.
- Develop benefit comparisons and projections with a high level of accuracy.
- Provide final review and approval of monthly loss ratio and utilization reports prior to distribution to the field offices.
- Peer review renewal calculations and utilization reports.
- Update systems and databases and provide back-up support for obtaining client reports from vendors.
- Develop relationships with marketing representatives of various insurance companies and compile product literature.
- Provide administrative support to the unit as necessary.
- Review all monthly loss ratio reports for consistency and accuracy.
- Provide technical expertise in report development as required.
- Review all fully insured renewals for accuracy.
- Summarize findings and submit to management for final review and disposition.
- Review all utilization reports for accuracy and prepare the analysis
- Provide input on report design as required.
- Develop and provide expertise with department actuarial and claims utilization programs.
- Provide assistance in the marketing process to include development of carrier letter, gathering of required information and data elements, and ongoing communication with carriers.
- Assist in spreadsheet development and analysis as required.
- Supervise maintenance of the renewal system to assure that all data elements are updated on an ongoing/timely basis.
- Assist in departmental special projects as required.
- Interface with internal Keenan and external client contacts to schedule reports and ad hoc reports/analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have five (5) years of experience in benefits and policy analysis, claims processing, and marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree (financial area) preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to details and strong organizational skills.
SOFTWARE: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use manual dexterity, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, stand and sit. Position requires employee to frequently exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to 20 pounds of force to move objects.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Normally not exposed to conditions that are discomforting or disagreeable.