Job Title: Administrative Clerk
Reports to: Office Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Code: AD13ADAN
Summary Performs a variety of administrative support functions as needed to support a high-volume, fast-paced aviation insurance contact center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Follows company procedures with respect to all essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
· Pick up, process and deliver the incoming and outgoing mail.
· Scan, process and deposit incoming checks; commit payment to customers paperless file
· Scans all relevant paperwork, index and commit to the proper customer’s paperless file
· Sort carrier applications and paperwork and deliver them via email or regular mail in a timely manner
· Monitor general email boxes, distributing emails to appropriate department
· Input money mail notes in Customer Management System “InsureVue”
· Proofread and send policies to customers
· Receptionist duties, shared by all Administrative Clerks
· Recommend process and communication improvements
· Work with accuracy, clarity and an eye for detail
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree a plus.
· Accounting experience, a plus.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, customer service skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Strong aptitude and comfort in learning computer systems.
· Ability to work independently to achieve monthly goals while also working effectively in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be detail oriented and accurate and can work independently while following strict procedural guidelines.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and internet software.