Job Title: Center of Excellence (COE) Compliance Analyst
Reports To: GC / VP of Compliance
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
*** LOCATION: Flexible within an AssuredPartners' office in the Eastern or Central time zones.***Requires four weeks of training in APBA Hunt Valley, MD***
Summary This position is responsible for planning, prioritizing and organizing compliance tasks for clients including: Policy and Plan Document Coordination, Non-Discrimination Testing, Form 5500 and SAR Preparation, Health Care Reform compliance, another health and welfare compliance needs.
▪ Create, review and maintain Health & Welfare Plan Documentation for clients.
▪ Extract data from internal database and administer Non-Discrimination Testing for clients.
▪ Collect, prepare and send Form 5500 for clients to file, and create/send the Summary Annual Report (SAR).
▪ Maintain accurate administrative procedures, forms and other compliance communication materials.
▪ Utilize internal tools to source information for team members and client inquiries.
▪ Act as liaison with all internal departments and outside agencies/offices.
▪ Respond to routine and non-routine correspondence.
▪ Handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
▪ Work independently and within the team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
▪ Represent AP Benefit Advisors in a positive and professional manner with both internal and external customers.
▪ Provide team members and clients with appropriate timelines for tasks to ensure that expectations and turnaround times are met.
▪ Maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
▪ Working knowledge of compliance and regulatory issues surrounding employee benefits and their impact on human resources.
▪ Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
▪ Bachelor’s Degree
▪ 2+ years of relevant experience or combination of education and/or equivalent work experience (accounting, paralegal, and/or math/science skills desired)
▪ Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel are musts)
▪ Strong PC skills with the aptitude to learn new systems.
▪ Knowledge of health, life and disability plans preferred.