Responsible for client retention and customer service in assigned territory. Assists in growing the book of business in assigned territories. Conducts benefits committee meetings and attends insurance committee meetings as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Establishes and maintains client relationships by providing regular visits and open communication.
- Has thorough knowledge of clients within assigned territory and develop leads and cross selling opportunities.
- Conducts benefit committee meetings as required.
- Attends Insurance Committee Meetings with team when needed.
- Meets deadlines and effectively handles multiple priorities.
- Keeps up-to-date with the marketplace changes, competitors and alternative coverage options.
- Understands Keenan products and services and trains assigned team.
- Participates in renewal and strategic planning meetings with assigned clients and team as needed.
- Uses consultative sales techniques to suggest new services and products and make recommendations based on analysis of client’s existing insurance packages, circumstances and needs.
- Develops retention strategies for any “at risk” customers in assigned territory.
- Communicates regularly with Producers to maintain and promote teamwork.
- Motivates, trains, and directs staff toward meeting specific goals.
- Works with Benefits Leadership to increase effectiveness and productivity in territory.
- Provides support to various sales and service teams on relationship building with clients/prospects.
- Resolves complex claim problems.
- Prepares and presents topics at Statewide Service Training sessions as needed.
- Collaborates with the P&C counterpart in assigned territory to maximize sales opportunities.
- Maintains interaction with carrier representatives.
- Manages marketing’s for insurance programs of assigned accounts which include collecting all appropriate data, and completing marketing forms while ensuring that the BenefitPoint marketing procedures are followed.
- Develops and delivers presentations.
- Gathers data for employee benefit studies from clients that will provide existing and potential clients with a comparison of benefits within their county and industry, as well as to determine coverage information on potential clients.
- Maintains SalesForce.com CRM system for assigned territory.
- Attends on-going educational/training programs required by the State to maintain current license status.
- Assists with special projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of five (5) years of group insurance experience, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance programs required.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, excellent verbal, written and presentational skills.
- Ability to build relationships with customers. Possess negotiating skills and mathematical ability.
- General knowledge of management and decision making of California Public Agencies (i.e., insurance committees, bargaining units, etc.).
- Basic underwriting skills and understanding of funding methodologies.
SOFTWARE: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use manual dexterity, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, stand and sit. Position requires employee to frequently exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to 20 pounds of force to move objects.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Normally not exposed to conditions that are discomforting or disagreeable.