AssuredPartners seeks an Associate Counsel – Corporate to join its growing legal department. AP’s legal team serves a dynamic business that has skyrocketed from a start-up in 2011 to a $1.2 billion company in 2019. With more than 6,000 employees spread across the United States and a clear path for continued rapid growth, AP needs a skilled corporate lawyer with a keen business mind to help fuel its continued success. This role will sit at AP’s corporate headquarters in Lake Mary, Florida and report to the Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel.
Who we are: AP is a leading insurance brokerage firm. AP is consistently ranked among the largest insurance brokers in the country and is a destination employer in the industry. Since its founding, AP has grown by acquiring and investing in more than 200 insurance brokerage businesses that have become a part of the AP family and driven AP’s growth.
What you'll do:
• Draft, review and negotiate commercial real estate leases, and help manage legal issues arising from a commercial real estate portfolio of 200+ properties (including management of outside counsel)
• Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts (e.g., third party vendor agreements, licensing agreements, co-broker agreements, independent contractor agreements, etc.)
• Oversee corporate entity management, including formations, dissolutions, and corporate governance
• Work with IT, HR and other departments on cross-functional projects (e.g., data privacy and cybersecurity issues)
• Identify and implement process improvements (and process creation opportunities) to improve legal department efficiency
• Provide advice and counsel on range of other corporate and/or commercial matters as they arise
What we offer:
• A rare chance to join a $1.2 billion revenue company that is still growing at a rapid rate
• A fast-paced and intellectually challenging and rewarding environment
• Competitive salary
• Incentive bonus pay
• Traditional employee benefits – medical, dental, disability, etc.
• 401(k) with a company match
• Relocation assistance available
What we need from you:
• At least three years of legal experience (commercial real estate leasing experience is strongly preferred, and other corporate transactional and contracting experience is also preferred)
• Business-oriented approach with a developed ability to identify opportunities and risks and to develop action plans accordingly
• Ability to build relationships of trust and confidence at all levels of the company
• Membership in good standing of a state bar