Job Title: Accounting Specialist- Accounts Receivable
Reports to: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Code: FI13ACSN
Summary Assists with journal entries under supervision; helps in preparation of reports and posting to specific accounts. Responsible for completing timely and accurate Carrier/Broker Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, manage the Aged Receivables and general accounting tasks in support of the company’s financial operations. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will prepare and generate checks as required as well as balancing general ledger accounts through audits and reconciliation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Obtain daily all necessary documentation and information to process daily accounting
• Accounts Receivable - Record all payments received from Clients to Open invoices
• Accounts Payable – reconcile and remit premium payments to various Carriers/Brokers
• Maintain, review and research customer accounts.
• Resolve discrepancies
• Manage the Aged Receivables to ensure timely and accurate collection and recording of customer accounts.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to think critically and analytically.
• Working knowledge of accounts payable systems and databases.
• Exercises attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
• Possess effective, professional interpersonal skills.
Education and/or Experience
Degree in accounting from college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience and knowledge of accounting general ledger.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Strong attention to detail.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Agency management software; Database software; Internet software; and Microsoft Office.