Job Title: Senior Claims Specialist
Reports To: Vice President, Claims
FLSA Status: Exempt
Independently and pro-actively manages the property/casualty claims programs for assigned large and mid-market commercial clients. Monitors / reports and reviews all new claims for designated clients and establishes a plan of action to achieve a favorable claim resolution. Attends and facilitates client meetings, claim reviews and vendor visits. Reviews claim status and reserves in consideration of client costs. Negotiates for changes in reserves for a positive client outcome. Provides status reports to clients and keeps Account Executives and Claims Manager informed. Advocates, consults and provides coverage advice to clients as appropriate. Actively researches and obtains claims data from carriers and challenges adjusters as warranted, while advocating the best possible outcome for clients in accordance with service standards.
- Handles standard as well as challenging claims issues.
- Investigates coverage questions and problems.
- Works closely with clients, account executives, producers, managers and insurance carriers.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely fashion following established guidelines.
- Operates independently and can service demanding clients who expect prompt attention.
- Has a solid understanding of claims processing and the insurance brokerage business.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 6 or more years related professional claims experience
- Good understanding of claims processing and the insurance brokerage business
-Prior experience working for insurance broker or agency.
-Claims / Insurance designation(s)